Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Harry Potter: Heroes and Villains

Wow, this one snuck up on me. Not sure how I didn't know this set was coming out, but it hit stores this week: Harry Potter: Heroes and Villains.

Last summer when the Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince set came out, I made my first case purchase. And I have to say, I was very, very impressed with the quality of the Artbox product. In the 10 boxes I had, I received a few really nice autographs and some great costume and prop cards. Each box also came with a metal box-topper card, and the case came with a nice laser-etched case topper. The only problem I had with the set was that some of the prop clothing cards were really thick, which resulted in two concerns: it reduced the number of cards in the pack and it made it very easy for someone in a store to pick out the prop/clothing packs if they were selling open boxes. But since I didn't buy mine in a store, it didn't matter to me too much, because I received plenty of them and they were all very nice. Now, a year later, I regret what I ended up doing: I sold them all to raise money for my trip to Mid-Ohio Con. Now, after seeing these, I wish I had those back and really would like to get these, as well.

Anybody got a good price on a case they want to get rid of? :-)

So, now, with the first volume of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows set to hit theatres in November, Artbox has issued this new set (Does this mean they won't do a HP-DH set? I think they will, but maybe they'll wait until the second volume comes out next summer.)

Artbox Entertainment introduces an all new set of Harry Potter Heroes and Villains trading cards which will feature characters & scenes from all six Harry Potter movies: 
  • Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone™ (2001)
  • Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets™ (2002)
  • Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban™ (2004)
  • Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire™ (2005)
  • Harry Potter and the Order of Phoenix™ (2007)
  • Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince™ (2009)
Look for new card materials, and autograph cards signed by TOBY JONES (DOBBY)™ randomly inserted in packs. Like previous Harry Potter sets from Artbox Entertainment, this card set has plenty of special cards that are sure to be cherished by Hogwarts™ Students and Muggles alike!
Also available is a special collector’s binder featuring "Snake Skin Material" to store your newest collection.

Autograph Cards: (approx. 1 in 48 packs)
  • Rupert Grint
  • Emma Watson
  • Toby Jones
  • Natalia Tena / George Harris
  • Evanna Lynch
  • David Thewlis
  • Matthew Lewis
  • Jamie Yeates
  • Bonnie Wright
  • Ian Hart
  • Jim Tavare
Costume Cards: (approx. 1 in 24 packs)
  • C1 Fred Weasley - HP2
  • C2 Hermione Granger - HP5
  • C3 Kingsley Shacklebolt - HP5
  • C4 Narcissa Malfoy - HP6
  • C5 Tom Riddle - HP6
  • C6 Alecto Carrow - HP6
  • C7 Hermione Granger - HP2
  • C8 Dumbledore - HP6
  • C9 Slytherin Quidditch - HP6
  • C10 Bellatrix Lestrange - HP6
  • C11 Robert Pattinson - HP4
  • DC1 Double - Sirius Black and Harry Potter - HP3
  • DC2 Double - Barty Crouch Jr. and Igor Karkoroff - HP4
  •  DC3 Double - Death Eater and Azkaban Prisoner - HP5
Prop Cards: (approx. 1 in 60 packs)
  • P1 Harry's Test Tube - HP6
  • P2 Candle's from Hagrid's Hut - HP6
  • P3 Defence Against the Dark Arts Second Year Essential Knowledge Test - HP2
  • P4 Papers from the Weasley House - HP6
  • P5 Framed Picture from The Burrow - HP6
  • P6 Mortar and Pestle - HP6
  • P7 Hedwig's Cage - HP1
  • P8 Pixie Case Base - HP2
  • P9 Bottle from Hagrid's Hut - HP6
  • P10 Ministry Munchies Coffee Cups - HP5
  • P11 Slughorn's Cup from Hagrid's Hut - HP6
  • DP1 Double - Quidditch Quaffle and Bludgers/ Broom Bristles - HP1
  • PC1 Double - Death Eater Mask and Costume - HP5
Multi-Case Dealer Incentive Cards:
  • Ci1 (2 cs) Costume - Hermione Granger Skirt - HP2
  • Ci2 (5 cs) Double Costume - Harry and Ginny - HP2
  • Ci3 (10 cs) Double Prop/Costume - Lucius Malfoy Death Eater - HP5
  • Ci4 (25 cs) Prop - Slughorn's Christmas Party Chicken Foot Goblet Base - HP6
Set Break Down:
  • 54 Base Cards
  • 18 Special Clear Cards
  • 9 Rare Cards
  • 4 Box Toppers
  • 3 Case Toppers
  • 4 Case Incentives
  • 11 Autograph Cards
  • 14 Costume Cards
  • 13 Prop Cards
Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be able to buy a case of these this time around since I used most of my card/art budget this month on the art part (more on that soon). But I will grab a box and see what this set is all about. Come back soon for that breakdown.

No comments:

Post a Comment