As you can see, it's been quite awhile since I've posted here. Now, that doesn't mean I've stopped collecting before now. It just means, for one reason or another, I just haven't had (made?) time to update this blog.
I've really enjoyed writing about my collection, and I've even gotten some great cards and sketches. However, with working a 9-to-5 job and working through a graduate school program (among other responsibilities), time just isn't on my side.
And very recently, finances have begun to become a great concern in my life.
Because of all of that, I will no longer be posting to this blog - 1.) because, as I mentioned, time is a factor and 2.) because, I am ceasing hobby purchases. It actually has gotten to the point that I need to even pare my collection down, getting rid of most, if not all, of it.
Trading card collecting is a wonderful hobby. Manufacturers are working diligently to come up with new and better ways to collect items from our favorite shows, comics and movies. I've always loved the thrill of opening a box of cards and pulling that elusive autograph, prop or sketch. In the past months, I've pulled autographs from Leonard Nimoy, James Marsters (Spike) and Chris Hemsworth (Thor) and a Melike Acar sketch. I love tracking down the 2 or 3 cards from a set I didn't manage to pull.
Yet, here I am, writing about getting rid of my collection.
It actually isn't a huge collection by the standards set by many of the folks in the hobby, but it has some quality. That said, I will post the items I intend to get rid of on eBay this coming Sunday, August 19, 2012. However, if you are reading this and are interested in anything I have, please let me know at braddunc(at)gmail.com before the 19th and make me an offer. If you'd like to see images of anything I am selling, I'll be happy to oblige.
Trading Cards for Sale
- Warehouse 13 Season 1 Master Set: all pack-pulled autos, costumes, base cards, insert cards and the case topper auto and case incentive Eddie McClintock auto costume card (which is actually signed on both sides of the card by Eddie.
- Warehouse 13 Season 2 Master Set: all pack-pulled autos, costumes, base cards and insert cards. I also have a number of additional autograph and costume cards from this set.
- Dexter Season 3 near master set: this isn't a complete master, missing a couple of autos and costumes, and a few of the props. This does include a complete base set, complete insert sets and autos from Michael C. Hall, Jennifer Carpenter and Jimmy Smits, along with the dual auto from Michael C. Hall and Julie Benz. I also have a number of other complete base sets, a few complete insert sets, and lots of extra base cards. Additionally, this set includes all of the multi-costume cards that were found in the Breygent SDCC Mystery Packs in 2011.
- 17 Benchwarmer Jennifer Korbin autos and kiss cards: these cards came from a variety of Benchwarmer sets.
- Benchwarmer autographs, material and prop cards: I have quite a few various cards from different Benchwarmer sets. At the moment, I'm not sure how many total, but I'd say close to 50 or 60 different cards. These include autos and props from from the recent Las Vegas and Soccer sets and a box of 2008 signature series autographed by a number of the models. This lot also includes a complete 2011 autographed holiday set.
- Veronica Mars Season 1 near master set: this isn't a complete master set in that a couple of costume cards are missing. However, it does include a complete set of base cards, a complete set of all inserts and a complete set of autographs (including Kristen Bell and Amanda Seyfried), along with the Kristen Bell autograph redemption card. In addition, I also have a number of complete base sets and a few complete insert sets.
- Veronica Mars Season 2 near master set: this isn't a complete master set in that a couple of costume cards are missing. However, it does include a complete set of base cards, a complete set of all inserts and a complete set of autographs (including all four autographed costume cards and autos of Kristen Bell and Charisma Carpenter). The set also includes one printing plate. I also have a number of complete base sets and a few complete insert sets.
- Heroes Archives: I have a complete case of cards for this set. There are a large number of complete base sets, a few complete insert sets and lots and lots of autographs (72 total), including Kristen Bell. However, there is no Hayden Panitierre.
- Harry Potter: I opened cases of these sets - Half Blood Prince, Half Blood Prince Update, Heroes and Villains, and Deathly Hallows Part 1. I have lots and lots of complete base sets from each set, some complete insert sets and autos and costumes/props. I don't recall all the autos and costumes/props (I'm away from my collection as I type this), but if you are interested in any of these just let me know. I do recall that autos include Bonnie Wright, Michael Gambon, Dobby, Luna Lovegood, Tonks, Mrs. Weasley and Fleur.
- Cult-Stuff Titanic 100-Year Anniversary: I have a complete hobby base set of these cards and the material card with a piece of wood from the Titanic, collected from the wreckage site.
- 5finity Sketch Cards: I have lots of these, about 30 or more, from these sets - Grimm Fairy Tales, Josie and the Pussycats, Hack/Slash and The Pro, among others.
- Batman Archives: I have lots of base sets for this set and 9 or so sketch cards, including a really nice Andy Price sketch.
- Six Feet Under: complete base set with nearly complete insert sets (plus doubles) and 8 autograph cards that includes Peter Krause.
- Big Bang Theory Seasons 1&2: a complete base set in binder with near complete insert sets and three costumes and three autos. The costumes are a Penny and Leonard and the Sheldon costume that came exclusively with the binder. The autos are of the characters: Howard Wolowicz, Barry Kripke and Sheldon's Sister.
- Walking Dead Season 1: a complete base set with auto of IronE Singleton and a zombie costume card.
- Buffy Ultimate Collection Coffin Set: I have 2 factory-sealed sets. These are really nice. The specifics are (from the Inkworks website):
- An amazing black lacquered handmade wooden coffin, featuring a plush velvet interior that cradles the cards.
- Includes all 612 cards from Buffy the Vampire Slayer seasons 1-7 reprinted on luxurious 20-point card stock, with each card foil-stamped to enhance its collectability for generations to come.
- Each coffin is individually sequentially numbered. A matching sequentially-numbered Certificate of Authenticity on parchment paper accompanies each Ultimate Buffy the Vampire Slayer coffin collection.
- Also included -- A NEW and very special collection of 7 etched cards beautifully printed on rainbow holographic foilboard, celebrating the seven incredible seasons of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
- Promo Cards: lots and lots of promos.
- Mallrats: one complete base set.
- Blair Witch Project: one complete base set and 4 of 5 foil insert cards.
- The Guild Seasons 1-3: one complete base set and an auto and costume card from Vincent Caso.
- Marvel comics sets: I have a few of the Marvel sets from Rittenhouse. Most have a complete base set and a sketch card (email for specifics).
- Iron Man 2: complete base set, some insert cards, two costumes and one sketch.
- Captain America: complete base set, some insert cards, one patch card and two costume cards.
- Thor: complete base set, some insert cards and two costume cards.
Finally, I have two Sideshow Collectibles statues: Buffy the Vampire Slayer Sideshow Exclusive with Slayer Scythe (one of only 400) and a Buffy the Vampire Slayer Spike Statue (one of only 1000). These have been opened and displayed, but they are in perfect condition and will be shipped using all the original packaging.
As I said, I hate to get rid of all these items since I've enjoyed collecting them all. However, if anyone can give them a good home, then I will be okay. So, if interested, just shoot me an email at braddunc(at)gmail.com before August 19.
And to all the artists, manufacturers, fellow collectors and dealers who have made this hobby worthwhile, thanks.